They did it again !! The Outremer 4X has won another prestigious title. Last Saturday, January 21st 2017, Outremer had the honor of receiving the “European Yacht of the Year” trophy for the third time, at the Düsseldorf Boat Show. Following the Outremer 49 in 2010 and the Outremer 5X in 2012, it’s now the turn of the Outremer 4X, which is the first boat in the new “racing” range to have been voted “European Yacht of the Year 2017” in the multihull category.
Outremer 4X, a fusion of pleasure:
- Developed in association with Loïck Peyron, the Outremer 4X was unveiled at the International Multihull Show at La Grande Motte in the South of France last April.
- The performance, enjoyment and sensations from sailing this boat are what won over the EYOTY jury during their tests in Cannes last September.“The feel of the helm is comparable to that of a Hobie Cat”, enthused Jochen Rieker, the jury president!
- The Outremer 4X is the fastest catamaran in her class and offers a perfect combination of performance and on-board comfort while guaranteeing optimum safety.
- The extensive use of carbon fiber, optimization of the appendages, the deck layout, the rotating mast, and numerous other innovations boost the boat’s performance.
- The Outremer 4X represents an historic return to the yard’s roots: blue water catamarans capable of racing, winners of many events (Transmed, the OSTAR, or more recently, the ARC 2016 won by the Outremer 5X, Nemo).